University of South Wales
University of South Wales (Welsh: Prifysgol De Cymru) is a university in South Wales, United Kingdom. It was formed on 11 April 2013 from the merger of the University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport. The university can trace its roots to the founding of the Newport Mechanics Institute in 1841. With more than 31,000 students from 122 countries, the university is the 6th largest university in the UK and the largest in Wales.
The name for the university was chosen following a research exercise amongst interested parties and announced in December 2012 by the prospective vice-chancellor of the university, Julie Lydon. The foundation of the new university dates back to 1841 when the Newport Mechanics Institute was formed, which later become the University of Wales, Newport. In 1913 South Wales and Monmouthshire school of mines was formed which in 1992 gained the status of University of Glamorgan.
The university is part of the University of South Wales Group comprising the University, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and the Merthyr Tydfil College.
The university has a band of 106 partner colleges, universities, FE institutions or organizations, who deliver University of South Wales’s higher education programs or access courses in the UK and 18 other countries.
The University has also opened a London Centre in autumn 2014, based at the Docklands Academy.
The University of South Wales has four faculties:
Faculty of Business and Society
- Law, Accounting and Finance
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science
- Computing and Mathematics
- Applied Sciences
Faculty of Creative Industries
- Drama and Music
- Art and Design
Faculty of Life Sciences and Education
- Psychology, Early Years & Therapeutic Studies
- Health, Sport & Professional Practice
- Care Sciences
- Centre for Community Learning
Why one should study here?
- The University of South Wales is the largest university in the UK.
- It offers every student excellent learning opportunities.
- Have campuses in Cardiff, Pontypridd, Newport and Dubai.
- According to DLHE 2016/17 survey, 95 percent of graduates in work or further study within 6 months.
- The university inspires every student to look at the world with a new positive attitude and help them become more independent than before.
- Thousands of students enroll every year.
- Maximum courses approved by professional experts.
- Students can reach campus easily through road, railway or air.
- Students are taught by highly experienced professors having excellent knowledge in their respective subjects.
How to Apply?
Students can apply online either through UCAS or directly on the USW’s website.
Moisons can provide you with exact details of the course, fees, admission process, how to apply and more. Reach out our team at email@example.com